Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
Over the last few years, non-dairy products and milk have grown in popularity as more individuals have started a plant-based diet. Like almond and soy milk, pea milk is now growing in popularity as a non-dairy milk alternative due to its high amounts of nutrients and unique health promoting abilities. It is especially enjoyed for its higher protein content. Now, lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits of consuming pea milk regularly.
1. First, as mentioned previously, pea milk is packed with many healthy vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that can promote our overall health. This includes good levels of calcium, vitamin D, iron, potassium and vitamin A, among many others. It is also quite low in calories, contains just under 10 grams of protein per one cup serving, and is a good source of healthy fats.
2. Pea milk is also a great choice because unlike other plant-based milk products, such as almond milk, it is a great source of protein, similar to cow’s milk in this regard. In fact, peas remain one of the best plant-based protein sources available. This allows pea milk to help regulate appetite and control blood sugar levels. As well, it is a rich source of branched-chain amino acids that can help promote muscle growth and again, regulate blood sugar.
3. Another great health benefits of pea milk is that it is hypoallergenic and will not negatively affect those individuals who are lactose intolerant. This is important since lactose intolerance affects many individuals around the world. Drinking pea milk can help to eliminate unwanted symptoms associated with dairy intolerances or allergies such as diarrhea, excess gas and bloating. Pea milk is also available as a gluten-free option and always be sure to consume unsweetened varieties.
4. It can also help with weight loss and proper weight management. One cup of pea milk contains only 70 calories, while most other dairy milk products contain 100 or more calories. Pea milk also has a pleasant texture that is creamy is nature which can help to promote satiety. As well, its high levels of protein and healthy nutrients are perfect for anyone that is following a workout routine or restricting calories, and its rich source of protein can help to promote fullness. Also, it is low is sugar and carbohydrate content.
5. Lastly, pea milk is not just a healthy alternative to dairy milk, but it can also help to promote the overall health and look of the skin. This is often attributed to its high levels of antioxidants and its amazing nutritional profile. Pea milk contains polyphenol antioxidants that can help to reduce free radicals throughout the body and oxidative stress. This has the benefits of reducing the signs of agings, such as fine lines and wrinkles. The healthy fat content found in pea milk is also helpful in this regard.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.