The secretin story holds an important lesson that extends far beyond autism .
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
Sometimes alternative approaches work, and sometimes they don’t. You don’t know until you put them to the test.
This is part of my deep dive into autistic spectrum disorders for those interested in preventing or treating it:
• Cow’s Milk Casomorphine and Autism (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/cows-milk-casomorphin-and-autism/)
• Fever Benefits for Autism in a Food (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fever-benefits-for-autism-in-food)
• Fighting Autism Brain Inflammation with Food )http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Fighting-Autism-Brain-Inflammation-with-Food)
• Best Foods for Autism (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-Foods-for-Autism)
• Autism and Casein from Cow’s Milk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/autism-and-casein-from-cows-milk)
• Does A2 Milk Carry Less Autism Risk? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-A2-Milk-Carry-Less-Autism-Risk)
• Gluten-Free Casein-Free Diets for Autism Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Gluten-Free-Casein-Free-Diets-for-Autism-Put-to-the-Test)
• Are Autism Diet Benefits Just a Placebo Effect? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Are-Autism-Diet-Benefits-Just-a-Placebo-Effect)
• Double Blind Clinical Trial of Diet for Autism (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Double-Blind-Clinical-Trial-of-Diet-for-Autism)
• Pros and Cons of Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Diets for Autism (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Pros-and-Cons-of-Gluten-Free-Casein-Free-Diets-for-Autism)
• Is Autism Really on the Rise? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Pros-and-Cons-of-Gluten-Free-Casein-Free-Diets-for-Autism)
• The Role of Pesticides and Pollution in Autism (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-pesticides-and-pollution-in-autism)
• Heavy Metal Urine Testing and Chelation for Autism (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Heavy-Metal-Urine-testing-and-Chelation-for-Autism)
• The Role of the Gut Microbiome in Autism (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Role-of-the-Gut-Microbiome-in-Autism)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/alternative-treatments-for-autism and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/alternative-treatments-for-autism. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then «Subtitles/CC.»
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/