I love cooking with buckwheat not only for its health benefits but also for its gluten-free qualities!
The buckwheat crepes are originated from Gangwon-do Province area, but it is loved by all over Korea.
It’s usually stuffed with Kimchi, Pork, glass noodles and such, but I love the combination of cabbage and mushrooms drizzled with spicy dressing. Also, it is good to add radishes in a buckwheat dish, as the vitamins and enzymes from the radishes neutralizes the toxins from the buckwheat.
to TheKND for more recipes & easy cooking tips!
Korean, Vegan, Gluten-free
For the crepe Stuffing :
Apple cider vinegar (make sure they’re gluten-free)
Sesame seed oil
Red chili pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
For the crepe batter :
Ground flax seed (I’m using golden)
Black sesame seeds (optional)
Salt and pepper
How to :
(Makes 8 crepes)
1. Make the flax egg and set it aside for at least 15 minutes.
2. Make the buckwheat crepe batter, mixing buckwheat flour, water, black sesame seeds(optional), salt, pepper, and flax seed egg.
3. Keep the crepe batter in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
4. Meanwhile, slice all the vegetables, except garlic, mincing it with a garlic press.
5. In a separate bowl, mix all the vegetables together excluding the mushrooms.
6. Add the seasoning to the vegetables.
7. In a wok-like pan, start stir-frying the mushrooms, and add the vegetable stuffing when mushrooms are cooked.
8. Turn off the heat and set the pan aside.
9. In a separate pan, start frying the buckwheat batter. Try to keep the batter as thin as possible, cooking it in a low-heat, slowly and thoroughly.
10. When the crepe is cooked, add the vegetable filling on top of the crepe, and roll the crepe.
* Music : «Now We’re Talkin'» by Jeris
Available at ccMixter.org : http://ccmixter.org/files/VJ_Memes/50337
Under CC BY license : http://creativecommons.org/licenses/b…
The KND : Wonderful easy Korean food cooking lessons for you.
Like us on FACEBOOK: http://on.fb.me/23HtVhl
Follow us on TWITTER: http://bit.ly/1JVYPMr
Follow us on INSTAGRAM: http://bit.ly/1X0TuVV