The results of the first randomized controlled study of a dietary intervention for ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder).
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free recipe from his new HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
This is the 3rd in a 6-video series on the role of gluten and dairy-free diets in the treatment of autism. Here are the first two:
• Autism and Casein from Cow’s Milk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/autism-and-casein-from-cows-milk)
• Does A2 Milk Carry Less Autism Risk? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-A2-Milk-Carry-Less-Autism-Risk)
Stay tuned for:
• Are Autism Diet Benefits Just a Placebo Effect? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Are-Autism-Diet-Benefits-Just-a-Placebo-Effect)
• Double Blind Clinical Trial of Diet for Autism (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Double-Blind-Clinical-Trial-of-Diet-for-Autism)
• Pros and Cons of Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Diets for Autism (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Pros-and-Cons-of-Gluten-Free-Casein-Free-Diets-for-Autism)
Casomorphins may also play a role in crib death (SIDS, sudden infant death syndrome):
• Cow’s Milk-Induced Infant Apnea (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/cows-milk-induced-infant-apnea/)
• Cow’s Milk Casomorphin & Crib Death (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/cows-milk-casomorphin-and-crib-death/)
• Cow’s Milk Casomorphin & Autism (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/cows-milk-casomorphin-and-autism/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/gluten-free-casein-free-diets-for-autism-put-to-the-test and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/gluten-free-casein-free-diets-for-autism-put-to-the-test. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then «Subtitles/CC.»
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/