Is testing for body burden of heavy metals like mercury with “urine mobilization tests,” “challenge tests,” “provoked urine tests” just a scam?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free recipe from his new HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
I was looking at our metrics and it seems our autism videos are relatively unpopular in terms of video views. That surprises me, especially since there’s so much really exciting research out there. Remember my Best Foods for Autism (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-foods-for-autism/) series about broccoli sprouts. I thought that was so wild! Anyways, if there are topics I’m not covering that you’d like me to spend more (or less) time on let me know. Basically I just cover whatever I see coming in through the medical literature, but I could make a concerted effort to hunt down info on particular topics of interest (even if there doesn’t happen to necessarily be anything new coming out about it).
More on autism here for those are interested:
• Cow’s Milk Casomorphine and Autism (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/cows-milk-casomorphin-and-autism/)
• Fever Benefits for Autism in a Food (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fever-benefits-for-autism-in-food)
• Fighting Autism Brain Inflammation with Food (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Fighting-Autism-Brain-Inflammation-with-Food)
• Autism and Casein from Cow’s Milk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/autism-and-casein-from-cows-milk)
• Does A2 Milk Carry Less Autism Risk? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-A2-Milk-Carry-Less-Autism-Risk)
• Gluten-Free Casein-Free Diets for Autism Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Gluten-Free-Casein-Free-Diets-for-Autism-Put-to-the-Test)
• Are Autism Diet Benefits Just a Placebo Effect? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Are-Autism-Diet-Benefits-Just-a-Placebo-Effect)
• Double Blind Clinical Trial of Diet for Autism (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Double-Blind-Clinical-Trial-of-Diet-for-Autism)
• Pros and Cons of Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Diets for Autism (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Pros-and-Cons-of-Gluten-Free-Casein-Free-Diets-for-Autism)
• Is Autism Really on the Rise? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Pros-and-Cons-of-Gluten-Free-Casein-Free-Diets-for-Autism)
• The Role of Pesticides and Pollution in Autism (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-pesticides-and-pollution-in-autism)
And here’s some background on the pros/cons of fish:
• California Children are Contaminated (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/california-children-are-contaminated)
• Is Fish Oil Just Snake Oil? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-fish-oil-just-snake-oil)
• How Long to Detox from Fish Before Pregnancy (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-long-to-detox-from-fish-before-pregnancy)
• Omega 3’s and the Eskimo Fish Tale (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/omega-3s-and-the-eskimo-fish-tale)
• Is Fish “Brain Food” for Older Adults? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/fish-brain-food-older-adults)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/heavy-metal-urine-testing-and-chelation-for-autism and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/heavy-metal-urine-testing-and-chelation-for-autism. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then «Subtitles/CC.»
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/