What did the most comprehensive double-blind study of diet for autism find and what are the potential downsides?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free recipe from his new HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
This is the last in a 6-part series on the role of gluten and dairy-free diets in the treatment of autism. In case you missed the others, check them out:
• Autism and Casein from Cow’s Milk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/autism-and-casein-from-cows-milk)
• Does A2 Milk Carry Less Autism Risk? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-A2-Milk-Carry-Less-Autism-Risk)
• Gluten-Free Casein-Free Diets for Autism Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Gluten-Free-Casein-Free-Diets-for-Autism-Put-to-the-Test)
• Are Autism Diet Benefits Just a Placebo Effect? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Are-Autism-Diet-Benefits-Just-a-Placebo-Effect)
• Double Blind Clinical Trial of Diet for Autism (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Double-Blind-Clinical-Trial-of-Diet-for-Autism)
Wait, milk not protective against bone fractures? See Is Milk Good for Our Bones? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-calcium-supplements-safe).
What about calcium supplements? See Are Calcium Supplements Safe? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-calcium-supplements-safe) and Are Calcium Supplements Effective? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-calcium-supplements-effective).
There is a dietary intervention that has been shown in double-blind trials to help. Check it out:
• Fever Benefits for Autism in a Food (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fever-benefits-for-autism-in-food)
• Fighting Autism Brain Inflammation with Food (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Fighting-Autism-Brain-Inflammation-with-Food)
• Best Foods for Autism (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-Foods-for-Autism)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/pros-and-cons-of-gluten-free-casein-free-diets-for-autism and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/pros-and-cons-of-gluten-free-casein-free-diets-for-autism. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then «Subtitles/CC.»
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/