This recipe is one of the most delicious raw meals i’ve tried. It’s vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free & 100% raw. The flavors and toppings work so well together and the “meat” is absolutely amazing! Definitely a recipe i’ll be making often! I hope you really enjoy it as much as I did! Let me know in the comments below how yours turned out!!
* 1.5 cups de-shelled walnuts
* 1 tsp garlic powder
* 1/2 tsp cumin
* 1/2 tsp chili powder
* 1 tbsp coconut aminos
* 6 Taco shells (I used organic & gluten-free)
* 1 cup carrots finely grated (so carrots are light and fluffy)
* 1 cup red cabbage chopped
* 1/4-1/2 cup onion chopped
* cilantro chopped
LIME CASHEW SOUR CREAM
* 1 Cup cashews soaked overnight (or soaked at least 10 mins in boiling water)
* 1/2 cup water (and more if needed)
* 2 tbsp lime juice
* 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
* Pinch of salt & pepper
1. Add walnuts to a food processor and process until mixture is kind of «meaty».
2. Put mixture in bowl, add seasonings and mix.
3. Add coconut aminos, mix.
4. Fill taco shells with walnut mixture and top with carrots, cabbage, onion.
5. To make the lime cashew sour cream put all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed to get a sour cream consistency.
6. Top tacos with sour cream & cilantro
Healthy Benefits: Vitamin c, omega-3s, antioxidants, lowers blood pressure, decreases inflammation, & promotes a healthy gut!
Eating raw will leave you with more energy since this meal will be easy for your digestive system to process.
Inspired recipe by: Mary Ellen https://www.vnutritionandwellness.com/walnut-meat-tacos/
Track: Alex Skrindo & Miza – Thinkin’ [NCS Release]
Music provided by NoCopyrightSounds.
Free Download / Stream: http://ncs.io/ThinkinYO
Music from Soundcloud
Music provided by RFM: https://youtu.be/D0kQ5OWcEYM